Keto Cheesy Cauli-Rice
Cheesy Cauli-Rice- a perfect rice replacement for people aiming for a low carb diet. Trader Joe’s carries this awesome and super low carb Cauliflower rice which is ready to use. It’s grainy texture is close to the feel of rice too and no mess of pulsing in your blender or grating at home. It hits the spot of rice, curbs the cravings of eating rice and easy to make it too!! If you love rice and are missing on this way of eating, this is it and its so easy to make it. This is just amazing, surprising delicious, very easy to make, low calorie, gluten free, and diabetic friendly. It can be eaten as a side alone or as a base for dishes like stir-fries or curries. On top of it if you are a meat eater unlike me, then sky is the limit – add-on either eggs or your choice of meat to this 🙂 This saves a lot of carbs for your tummy 🙂 This dish is an easy and flavored main course which is infused with the spices and herbs and gives you a content feeling 🙂
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 tbs butter (coconut oil for vegan version)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 green chilies (optional)
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 tbs Boursin Garlic and Herb Cheese
- 4 stalks of coriander/cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp asofetida/hing (optional)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp amchur powder (optional)
- ½ tsp garam masala(optional)
- 1 tsp salt or adjust according to taste
- Heat a saute pan on medium-high and add 4 tbs of butter.
2. Add asofetida and cumin and let it splutter.
3. Add chopped garlic, curry leaves and green chilies and let it fry.
4. Add chili powder too. Once they are well roasted add the cauliflower rice.
5. Ensure to mix this well.
6. Add garam masala, amchur powder and salt and mix well.
7. Add garlic and herb cheese or your choice of cheese to this and mix well.
8. Add chopped coriander and mix well. Viola you have a bowl of yummy and deliciousness 🙂
Let me know how you liked it 🙂 Good luck with it!