Salad in a Jar/Container
Start with a clean mason jar or any container but mason jar will keep them fresh as they are air tight. …It’s really important that you add the dressing as the base of the jar or put it in a separate container. This allows the veggies to be crunchy and do not lose the texture and also prevents them from getting soggy. You want to layer your ingredients. Next, add moisture-resistant veggies, like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, radish on top of that. Last of all, top with the protein of your choice and any “dry ingredients” such as greens, cheese, nuts, tofu and any crunchies. I like to keep my dressing separate at times and at times at the bottom of the jar.
1 Bunch of finely chopped celery
1.5 finely chopped cucumber
1 small pack of finely chopped radish
1/4 th finely chopped red onion (optional)
6 finely chopped peppercinis
2 cups of mixed greens
1/2 cup olive oil or MCT or avocado oil (I used olive oil)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4th tsp of chili pepper
1/4th tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 lemons juiced
1 tsp – dried Italian seasoning (optional)
Directions for salad:
1. Add 1/2 cup of celery in the container.
2. Add 1/2 cup of cucumber on top of the celery.’
3. Add 1/4th cup of radish
4. Add 1 tbs of onion
5. Add tbs of peppercinis
6. Add 1/2 cup of mixed greens
Seal them tight and put them in the fridge.
Directions for dressing:
1. Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, chili pepper, black pepper, salt, lemon juice and mix it well either using a frother or blender.
2. Store in a container and refrigerate it.
3. Add 2 tbs of dress or as required when you eat your salad.
I add chopped nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts, flaxmeal, hempseeds and pumpkin seeds before eating the salad. Also add some olives or avocados if it pleases your palette.