A refreshing tangy cucumber salad with nuts to revive your spirits after a hot and hard day at work for this summer.
Cucumbers are uber healthy and are known to have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. There are a few facts you need to know before making your decision about consumption of cucumber skins and seeds. First, it is important to remember that the skins and seeds of cucumbers are both rich in nutrients. In fact, the nutrient richness of both plant parts is significantly higher than the flesh. For this reason, consumption of both skins and seeds is desirable from a nutritional standpoint but whether to consume the skin depends on the way the cucumber is grown. Conventionally grown cucumbers are waxed with synthetic wax and may contain unwanted chemicals which organic cucumbers do not have. So just to be on the safer side if you decide to leave the skin on the cucumber it is advised that it is thoroughly washed with a brittle brush before consumption.
1 English Cucumber
3 tbs frozen shredded coconut (softened/room temperature)
3 tbs of roasted and powdered peanuts
2 tbs of finely chopped coriander leaves
1 green chili slit
2 tbs fresh Lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tbs pumpkin seeds
2 tbs slivered almonds
For tempering (optional)
2 tbs of Ghee/olive oil/avocado oil
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
Pinch of Asafoetida
1 spring of curry leaves
1. Wash the cucumber, cut the edges and chop the cucumber and place in a bowl.
2. Add the shredded coconut, roasted peanut powder, coriander leaves and salt.
3. Heat ghee in pan on a medium heat. Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, chili, Hing and Curry leaves. As the mustard seeds crackle and cumin seeds sizzle, turn off the flame. Pour this tempering over the Cucumber mixture.
4. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, lemon juice and hempseeds.
5. Give it a quick toss and serve this deliciously refreshing tangy cucumber salad with nuts and enjoy with your loved ones!
This zesty and revitalizing cucumber salad to is sure to remind you of the cool breeze this hot summer!!!