This Keto Cauli-Rice (Cauliflower veggie fried rice) recipe is a low carb, keto friendly, healthier alternative to your favorite takeout-style fried rice. This low-carb dish is loaded with all the same great flavors you love. In fact, this was yummier and tastier than the actual rice.
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets and pulsed but i used the cauliflower rice from Trader Joe’s
3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 red pepper and 1/4 green pepper finely chopped
3 stalks of scallions finely chopped
1/4 onion finely chopped
4 green chilis (optional or adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp giger/garlic paste
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbs frozen coconut thawed
Few mint/basil leaves to taste
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil/ghee until hot; add cumin, turmeric and let them roast until the cumin splutters.
2. Add onions, green chilis, onions and let them saute for a min. Once the onions change the color add the peppers and let them cook for another minute.
3. Add the thawed frozen coconut or use shredded unsweetened coconut powder and let it cook.
4. Add cauli-rice and mix well. Add the fresh mint/basil finely chopped leaves to this.
5. Add Salt to taste and scallions.
6. Mix this all well and you can add some lemon juice for tangy taste to this yummy low carb cauli-rice.